17.11.06

Too Much Time on Her Paws.

My self-proclaimed owner has been spending a lot of time at home lately. I can't say it's a bad thing, but I won't say it isn't. When she used to come home from her job, I'd have to do a lot of meowing to get anything through to her, but now I almost can't convince her to leave me alone. She's always wanting me to sit for her so she can get a picture, or she wants me to come watch documentaries on the television. I wouldn't mind so much, but it's only been a few days, and I'm not sure how much more of this constant adoration I can handle.

I know that there are some people out there who might find it odd, me complaining about being loved, but those people aren't annoyed into misery by some doting so-and-so who's got nothing better to do than wake them up in the middle of a restful nap just because they have cute feet or they were too snuggley to resist. I need sleep, too, you know? How am I supposed to get it with my human constantly tickling my paws and stroking my whiskers?

There are some up sides to Azy being home. As I said earlier, I can't say it's an entirely bad thing. She allows me to sleep in her bed now. She didn't always. It used to be that as soon as I'd even mention breakfast, she'd toss me out and stick a sock in the door so I couldn't jemmy it open. I guess I do sort of go on about my brekky, but if you relied on someone else to prepare your meals, you'd be insistent about punctuality, too. Still, she's not quite so strict anymore. She still doesn't feed me early, but instead of shooing me off to my kitty sack, she just grabs me, stuffs me under the covers and pets me until I decide to bite her. I like biting her, so it works out well for both of us.

Another good thing about her being home is that she's much calmer than she was when coming home from her job. She always said that she loved her job and all the people she worked with, but as true as that may be, it was getting very difficult for her to breathe in the evenings. I like it much better when she's calm, because I don't have to worry about whether she's going to be around to feed me. She thinks it's because I worry for her, and I don't put her right. I just continue administering purr therapy until she decides to go paint, and then I try to slip in a few hours of undisturbed snoozing before it's time to sound the dinner yell.

My highest hope is that she eventually settles down into kitty complacency and allows me my space. Until then, I must agree with the sentiments of Oscar Wilde who once wrote, "Being adored is a nuisance." Yes, it certainly is.

Yours Purringly,
W.C. Humphries II (Mr. Fleez for short.)

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha! I know Jazzy has a tough time with this, too! You poor thing Mr. Fleez! It must be devastating being loved a little too much for you indipendent types! But we feline owners must stroke our beloveds often, or we are sooo unhappy!
I have a very beautiful and handsome fellow who also lives with Jazzie and I by the name of Boogie Man. He got that name because one hot summer evening he crawled out of the woods...you know boogey man.. something scary that haunts the woods! It just seemed to stick. He was very starved and he joined our family. Well, he likes to bite my finers at 4 am every morning to make me get up and give him his breakfast! Do you two know each other? hahaha!

Well, you must take care of your dear owner, you know you love her and she needs to give you those extra strokes, it will make her feel better!
Jazzie, Boogie and I send you both our love and best wishes!
Meow...have a puurringly grreat day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home