30.8.06

The Inevitability of Change.

Just two weeks longer, and I'll have been offering readers my purrspective, reasoning, and personal advice for one full year! More than that, if you consider those editions of HCW prior to the institution of the Agony Session. It's been a long year, sifting through piles of e-mail, deciding what does and doesn't interest me. Now my tastes are changing, and as much as I'd like to continue the agony sessions, I think it's time for something new. They're too regular; too constricting. I don't mind answering questions, but twice monthly is getting tedious. I'm a cat; I like having the freedom to do as I please and to write about whatever strikes my fancy. For this reason I've decided to end the agony session.

Now, before you get all bent out of shape and start begging me to keep it going, bear in mind that I'll still answer questions, only not quite as regularly. Purrhaps once monthly, or when I get a really good one that begs a reply. There's been too many times when I wanted to write something else but have been boxed in by the obligatory question and answer format. Yes, it's time for a change. In fact, I think it's time for a lot of changes.

I suppose this is as good a time as any for me to thank all of you who've been reading me faithfully over the past year. I love to hear from you, and I appreciate your comments and e-mails. Still, I think it's only fair that I warn you of the inevitable: Housecat Wisdom will be changing. Hopefully you will like the changes, and hopefully they will encourage you to visit more than once weekly. Some of the changes that I am thinking of are as follows:
  • Feature stories from Reuters, AP, BBC, & AFP
  • Weather update availability
  • Access to daily comics
  • Access to stock reports
  • Sport
  • A Google search box
  • My current FleeBay listings
  • This day in history
  • Word of the day
  • Purrhaps a weekly crossword puzzle
  • Your suggestion here
It's my hope that by making these modifications, Housecat Wisdom will become not just a weekly column, but an excellent homepage for any level-headed cat-lover who prides himself on keeping two paws in the real world and the other two in fantasy. A feline-minded hub to the world-wide-web.

These changes will be taking place gradually over the next few weeks, starting now. You may notice some differences immediately or not. I guess that depends on how much time I have before my self-proclaimed owner wakes. (Remember, I have to vacate the office frequently in order to evade detection, so this process may take some time.) Any suggestions you may have for what you'd like to see on HCW are welcome. Send them along via comment, or e-mail them to housecatwisdom@gmail.com.

Feel free to check in from time to time, and offer feedback. If enough of you hate a certain feature, I may decide to change it. I do hope that you'll continue enjoying Housecat Wisdom for as long as I decide to maintain it.

Yours Purringly,
W.C. Humphries II (Mr. Fleez for short.)

3 Comments:

At 1:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It almost sounds like your page is evolving into a feline edition of The Times.

 
At 7:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL THE NEW STUFF!
CINDY ALONG WITH HER OUTLAW CATS "ZORRO AND SENORITA"

 
At 10:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sylvie and Jazzie here! We think life isn't possible without change...change brings on the excitement and keeps passion alive!
Jazzie says change is puurfectly wonderful for the soul! We agree with Mr. Fleez...bring it on! We do have a few ideas, puurhaps we can talk...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home